July 13-22, 2018
Training Dates: July 9-11
This summer, a caravan of vehicles will be driving from Pleasanton to the Arizona high desert, where we’ll be visiting the Navajo Reservation near Four Corners, USA.
In order to join us on this OUTREACH, there are a number of requirements to fulfill. Carefully read all the information in the brochure. Notify the HSM Office of your intention to join us by NO LATER THAN JUNE 17 so your name can be listed as a prospective OUTREACH TEAM member. The completion of the OUTREACH requirements will determine whether or not you will be invited to join this year’s team. Start praying & preparing TODAY!
PAY ONLINE DONATE ONLINE
BROCHURE & REGISTRATION FORM EVANGELISTIC ENCOUNTER C.L.I.M.B. /FOCUS CARD
1) Submit a completed REGISTRATION & EMERGENCY MEDICAL FORM (attached to the brochure). All candidates interested in participating in this year’s OUTREACH must be registered by the deadline Deadline: June 20th
2) Memorize 10 pre-assigned C.L.I.M.B. verses AND 20 additional C.L.I.M.B. verses of your choice Deadline: July 9th
Details: Each participant will need to have a C.L.I.M.B. verse card. These cards will contain ALL 100 C.L.I.M.B. verses and indicate the 10 pre-assigned verses. Verses must be recited AT LEAST FIVE (5) VERSES AT A TIME to any member of the VBC Staff or other designated adult VBC Student Ministry Leaders. When the verse is recited correctly, the staff/leader must initial each individual verse on the C.L.I.M.B. verse card. We encourage you to get together with others to form a memorization study group!
3) Interview with a VBC Staff person or adult leader in the Student Ministry in which you attend and receive a recommendation. Deadline: July 4th
Details: If you are a student, you must contact one of your designated leaders in the HSM or MSM. If you are not a student, you must contact the Student Ministry Pastor for the name of the person who will interview you. Once you have completed your interview, you should notify the HSM office immediately.
4) Participate in an Evangelistic Encounter Deadline: July 9th
Details: Download a list of interview questions (see above link). Choose a partner (cannot be your FOCUS FRIEND) and together, invite someone who does not claim to be a Christian to participate in this activity. Partners must be together during the interview, but only one partner can claim responsibility for the interview (therefore, each set of partners must conduct two interviews). This is a fun way to practice engaging people in conversation-- it could be a friend at school, a server in a restaurant, a family member, or even a total stranger.
5) Participate in the 40/40 FOCUS & FAST (see card for more details) Starting: June 4th
6) Submit FULL payment for outreach ($295.00) Deadline: July 9th
Details: $100.00 discount for memorizing 100 CLIMB verses expires by noon on July 9th. All 100 must be recited at one time.
7) Attend ALL Training Sessions Dates: July 9 ,10 & 11 from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. All adults have an additional meeting from 5:00 –6:00 p.m. Check in will be open from 5:00 p.m. until 5:55 p.m.
Details: These are mandatory sessions, so if you can’t attend each one, please contact the HSM Office immediately.